Did you know? Windows 10 was designed to be the most secure Windows yet! On top of that, Microsoft continues to upgrade and improve security features. That’s great news for businesses as cybercrime is on the rise. Here are some ways that Windows 10 is helping businesses better protect data and some new tools available to help businesses quickly detect and respond to threats.
3 Key Improved Security Features of Windows 10
You may love your current operating system. But whether it is Window 8, Windows 7 or something older, trust us when we say that Windows 10 is a massive improvement in easy of use, compatibility, software tools and security. Below we focus on Window 10 security features.
1. Data Protection
Windows 10 protects your information and secures your data. It meets compliance requirements and maintains user productivity.
- BitLocker is a whole-disk encryption program that encrypts data on a Windows PC or USB flash drive. It prevents unauthorized access from anyone that does not have the decryption key or user’s account credentials, like hackers. BitLocker enables businesses to protect their sensitive information using military-grade encryption.
- Windows Information Protection is a feature built into Windows 10 that allows IT businesses to control and manage business data separately from personal data on users’ devices. Because it separates and contains business data, it prevents data from accidentally leaking to unauthorized users, apps, docs, or locations on the web.
- Azure Information Protection (AIP) is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses protect their documents and emails by applying labels. AIP provides additional capabilities to classify, assign advanced permissions and share sensitive data.
2. Threat Protection
Windows 10 defends against attacks. It disrupts malware and hacking by moving the playing field causing malicious players to lose the attack vectors that they rely on.
- Windows Defender Security Center keeps your business safe for the supported lifetime of your Windows 10 device. It swiftly responds to emerging threats using the cloud, behavior analysis, vast optics, and machine learning.
- Microsoft Edge is a high-speed browser that is exclusive to Windows 10. It was designed to systemically disrupt malware, phishing, and hacking attacks.
- Device Guard offers protection against malware though application control, allowing businesses to block unwanted apps. Windows 10 Device Guard blocks all apps that are not considered to be trusted, and allows only apps from the Windows Store, selected software vendors, and signed line-of-business applications to run.
3. Access and Identity Management
Windows 10 protects your identity using next-generation technology.
- Windows Hello offers a more personal way to sign in, using your face, fingerprint, PIN, or even a companion device.
- Credential Guard is one of the main security features available with Windows 10. It allows protection against hacking of domain credentials thereby preventing hackers from taking over the enterprise networks.
Ask Bennett Office Technologies for a Free Assessment!
These features make Windows 10 more secure than any of the previous Windows operating system. Ready to upgrade to Windows 10? Whether you are an individual planning to upgrade to Windows 10, or a company planning to update a collection of workstations, thoughtful planning is required. A transition from an older system to Windows 10 will be smooth when you have a game plan to backup data, capture Windows profile preferences, audit applications that are business critical and compatible with Windows 10, and are prepared with the right hardware to run Windows 10 effectively.
Bennett Office Technologies works closely with clients to make the transition to Windows 10. For assistance on determining your personal or business computer needs contact our team of experts at Bennett Office Technologies. Business owners are welcome to complete our Technology Assessment form and we’ll contact you to do a free assessment.