GIF: jif,gif noun
1. a lossless format for compressing image files. “a GIF image”
a file in GIF format.
plural noun: GIFs
1. a website that allows collaborative editing of its content and structure by its users.
plural noun: wikis
1. a minute area of illuminiation on a display screen, one of many from which an image is composed.
plural noun: pixels
1. a group of binary digits or bits (usually eight) operated on as a unit.
a byte considered as a unit of memory size
plural noun: bytes
1. a small sweet cake, typically round, flat, and crisp.
a person of a specified kind.
“a tough cookie with one eye on her bank account”
3. Computing a packet of data sent by an Internet server to a browser, which is returned by the browser each time it subsequently accesses the same server, used to identify the user or track their access to the server.
1. also called 404 error. an error message sent by a web server to a browser when the user has typed an incorrect URL, tried to access a Web page that is no longer available, or clicked on a broken link on a Web page: They must have taken down their website; I keep getting that annoying “404 – File Not Found” message.
2. Slang. a person who is stupid or uninformed.
1. the activity of defrauding an online account holder of financial information by posing as a legitimate company.
“phishing exercises in which criminals create replicas of commercial Web sites.”
RSS – abbreviation for
1. Rich Site Summary: a way of allowing web users to receive news headlines and updates on their browser from selected websites as soon as they are published
2. (as modifier): an RSS newsfeed
Real Simple Syndication: a way of allowing web users to receive syndicated newsletters and email alerts.